Friday 3 April 2015

"It is finished."

As a Christian, Christmas and Easter are key moments to understanding what we believe and why. They are the crux of Christianity, demonstrating love, hope, grace, and sacrifice.

Today is Good Friday: the day that Jesus lay down his life, paying the penalty for our sin, so that a broken humanity can once again be right with God.

Since I often express myself through baking, I have created a Good Friday cupcake design.

A [melted chocolate] crown of thorns:


Because on the day Jesus was crucified, he wore a crown of thorns. You can find the whole Good Friday story hereherehere, and here.

I probably wouldn't have designed it had I not been bringing something for morning tea after church this morning, and for that I am also thankful.


He was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment