Friday 6 September 2013

Political poetry!

'Twas the week before the election,
And spread all over Facebook:
Political articles, videos, and pics,
Captioned: "Before you vote, you must look!"

I did not want to be attacked or ashamed
Of yet another big decision in life.
Who I vote for will be directly related to me:
As a mother, as a blogger, as a wife.

So I have not liked, or commented, or shared
Anything relating to the election.
I actually haven't even clicked on the links
Because it may force me to ask certain questions.

Like: When will Wet 'n' Wild be finished?
And, will my kids still go off to school?
Can I still purchase bandaids at the local shops?
OMG! WILL MY DOG HAVE TO MOVE!?

'Twas the night before the election.
And my mind has already been made.
Please stop shoving in my face all your views on
'Marriage equality'; carbon taxes; foreign aid.

In 24 hours it'll be over.
And politics, once again, classed 'taboo'.
So keep calm, and just vote for Pedro!
He'll make your wildest dreams come true.

Authorised by Natalie Rose,  NSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment