Wednesday 12 March 2014

Turbo-charged!

"No dream is too big, and no dreamer is too small"
- Guy Gangé, Turbo.

Allow me to introduce to you:
Turbo!
An ordinary garden snail whose dream is to become the fastest snail in the world. After a freak accident, he might just be able to achieve his biggest dream: winning the Indy 500.



Our family went to see this at the movies last year while we were on holidays. For a country town, the cinema was packed out with... probably 20 people in it! It was a highly enjoyable movie for the whole family, though, and now that it's (finally) out on DVD, I highly recommend seeing it!

Through recent eBay therapy session/s, I had ordered a snail cookie cutter (I dream big, too, it seems)... I had thought that it would be a bit bigger than the size it was, and am convinced it was because the description must have accidentally declared the measurements in inches, instead of centimetres...

But, this super cute miniature snail cutter (putting new meaning to "life-size") was perfect for some little shortbread "Turbo" biscuits I had wanted to make since seeing the movie.

I didn't really get the colours right (ironically, I was in a rush at the time I iced them), and couldn't go too crazy with embellishments (because they were so tiny) but  hopefully you get the idea! :)


I'm not sure if I liked the silver or blue fudge better on the shell, so I did both... But I do think the silver stands out a bit more.

So many beady eyes staring at me!


I am happy to admit that these are the only kinds of snails that I am willing to eat. Something about the idea of escargot that puts me off ever wanting to travel to France - which is a dream of Husband's to take me to France one day.

I s'pose we can still dream, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment