Friday 22 June 2012

Music to the... Eyes!

I think I've mentioned that I love making 'themed' foods!?

Well, a couple of years ago, when I was just starting to accustom myself to the idea of cooking and baking (and cupcake making), I wanted to make something music themed for a karaoke night that was coming up at church! So I decided to make these! These 'musical' cupcakes are simple butter cakes, made with lemon icing, and melted chocolate to make the 'notes'.

On the trays (as I wanted the 'notes' to actually sit on a sheet of music), I used sliced licorice straps to create the music bars, treble clef, and bass clef :)













The hardest part was trying to get the licorice to actually stick to the tray (instead of curl up and back around to its original position)... So I 'wet' the licorice with a bit of water, and that seemed to work! It was also a bit tricky to keep the music bars as straight as possible, but it all worked out musically... I mean magically! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment